It’s hard to believe that it’s already time again for our annual Free Wedding Photography Contest!!! This is, by far, one of the favorite things that Stacey and I do with our business each year!
We’ve been so blessed to meet two amazing couples these past few years! We shot our First Year winners, Cassidy and Ben’s wedding last Spring …
… and can’t wait for Jessica and Mark’s big day this fall!
Sooo…… here’s the low down for this year’s contest …
Stacey and I are announcing today that we want to shoot someone’s wedding completely free of charge in 2011. But before you get excited…there’s a catch.
We’re looking for a couple that has a story to tell. Whether it’s a hardship they’ve overcome, or one they’re currently facing….we want to hear their story. And we want them, a family member or a friend to tell us why they feel we should shoot their wedding for free. However, it DOESN’T take a story of tough times or being down on your luck to win the contest. Perhaps you know a couple getting married soon who are active in the community, volunteer, or are simply amazing people. Tell us about them!!!
So here’s what the couple that we choose will get in return for their story:
– A full day of wedding coverage by Stacey and Brandon
– Their wedding proofs on a copyright-free DVD
– A free engagement shoot, including a copyright-free DVD of the images
– A free bridal shoot, including a copyright-free DVD of the images
Here are the guidelines:
– The couple, or a family member or friend of the couple, must submit a written story via email of why they feel they deserve a free wedding from Gresham Photography.
– The submission must include a picture of the couple for us to use when we announce the winner.
– Family and friends of the couple are more than welcome to submit for the couple, but please be sure they would want us to shoot their wedding before you do!
– The couple can be getting married anywhere in the world in 2011, but travel expenses are not included in the giveaway. While we will travel anywhere to shoot your big day, we simply can’t afford to pay for airfare, or travel outside of 100 miles from Birmingham, Alabama without a little help. We welcome submission from anywhere, but with the understanding that you might have to help out with some travel expenses if we pick you.
– Your date must be open on our calendar. We will hold all dates of submissions we receive open until a winner has been chosen.
– Your submission must be TRUE. This contest IS for couples who have overcome great odds, hardships, or are otherwise deserving of free wedding photography. This contest IS NOT for people who can afford a photographer, and just want to win something free.
Please include the following in your submission:
– The bride and grooms’ first and last names.
– Their story (How they met, got engaged, and why they deserve this free wedding coverage)
– Contact information for both of them.
– The wedding date and location (We at least need to know the city/town where the wedding will be.)
– A digital picture of the couple measuring no less than 900 pixels in size on its longest side. (The image is solely used in our blog posts announcing the finalists and winners, not in the judging/decision making regarding the contest!)
– All submission must be received by midnight on August 1, 2010.
– The final three deserving couples will be announced on our blog on August 8, 2010 by midnight.
– The final couple will be announced and contacted by August 15, 2010!!!
– Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our selection committee will be made up of two of our closest friends, my brother and his wife, both our sets of parents, and 2010 Winners, Jessica and Mark. Stacey and I will choose the three finalists, but will leave the big winners up to our family and friends.
If you’d like to know more about the history of the Free Wedding Photography Contest, check out the blog post stream from the past to years!
That’s it! We look forward to hearing from you and please feel free to contact me with any questions!